2022 Season Opening
We are excited to announce our first swim of the season will be Wednesday 27th April 2022
- Monday and Wednesday 1630-2000
- Saturday and Sunday 0620-0930
We are able to welcome competent under 16’s to Swim Heron.
Under 16’s must be able to swim 500 metres without stopping
All under 16’s must swim with a parent or responsible adult (1:1 ratio).
Tow floats are required by all Swimmers.
All Swimmers will need to book via the ACTiO app.
PLEASE NOTE THE LEISURE SWIM AREA WILL NOT BE OPEN.
Thank you for embracing our procedures and staying safe with us.
-If at the end, you have any questions, please have another look through to check that the answer is not on here before sending us a message or email.
We are continuing with the online swim booking and paying system, with time specific slots.
– Online bookings are now open.
– Time Slots will be every 10 minutes
– Max time in the water will be 1hr 25 minutes (or until closing time if there is less than 1hr 25minutes remaining)
– The 5 minutes give you time to scan in and enter the water before the next “wave” of swimmers arrive.
– Please adhere to social distancing measures, including whilst acclimatising to the water and swimming.
– Please do not enter the water until the person in front has moved away from the jetty
– If you have booked a specific time slot this is the only time you will be able to enter the water. (If you are delayed for any reason please ring and let us know).
– There will be NO REFUNDS if you are unable to come to the session.
– Arrive with time to get changed or ready to swim
– The toilets should only be used when necessary and accessed from the rear of the club house with a “one-in / one out” restriction. Please wash hands with soap/sanitiser thoroughly before/after. DO NOT USE THE SHOWER IN THAT AREA AS WE HAVE ONE TOILET ONLY IN OPERATION.
– There will be a one-way scan in and out procedure and separate entry and exit routes to and from the water. Please familiarise yourself with the layout.
-Scanning in and out is compulsory and contactless.
• DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ATTEND IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID-19 , DO LET US KNOW (so we can cancel your swim for you) . PLEASE TALK TO YOUR GP BEFORE RESUMING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
GETTING READY FOR YOUR VISIT
You will need to register with NOWCA
-Once you are registered for a NOWCA wristband, you can start booking swims even if you do not have a band yet!
– You will need to download the ACTiO app to book your swim slot. Please ensure you can log into your ACTiO app so that you are ready to book ahead of the slots being released.
– Swim slots will appear on the App under Swim Heron activities. It is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the App before bookings go live.
– We are sorry but the technology doesn’t allow you to book swims for more than one person at a time – if you are planning on swimming with some of your family, try and access the booking system at the same time. – If you experience any problems with your NOWCA account, please contact NOWCA directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is what the ACTIO app looks like
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE LAKE
The entrance to site is the same as previously. Park considerately. If there is a marshal, please follow instructions. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE DISABLED BAYS UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTED.
• Walk to the Entrance area signposted SWIM IN to scan in / collect your new wristband and look at the safety information on the board (especially if you are new to our laker / open water).
• Put a bright swim hat on and wear your tow float! These are compulsory so the safety team can always spot you and you can use your tow float to rest in the water should you need to. You will not be allowed into the water without bright hat and tow floats.
• Enter the water from the designated point from the jetty at your own pace but also keep going as other swimmers will wait for you to move on before they enter.
WE ARE USING THE 500M LOOP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
When you have rounded the last buoy if you wish to continue (and you have enough time) swim to buoy one (as previously). If you wish to leave the lake swim between the red buoys immediately to your right and head for the steps to the right of the ramp.
• Exit the water at the end of your swim from the steps to the right of the ramp (Opposite ramp to entry). Follow the one-way system to the Scan out point.
Enjoy your swim and be considerate of other swimmers.
• If you are fast and skilled, use your skills and judgement to pass others wide and please reduce your kick, give others space, do not cut people off. The lake is large and there is space for everyone to stay socially distanced and enjoy swimming at their own pace.
• Do not stop or gather by the buoys and if you need to stop, please avoid becoming an obstacle.
• If at any time you are in trouble, feel anxious or panic, put yourself on your back to float or take a rest holding your tow float and wave your arms or call to attract the attention of the safety team in kayaks/paddleboards or watching from the pontoon.
– someone will come over to check but will stay at a safe distance.
They are there to keep you safe and we want them to be safe too. They will only approach closer if there is an emergency and risk to life.
• In order to respect the safety of our team, we ask you to swim within your limits. Remember that you may not have not swum indoors or outdoors for a while. Take it easy and enjoy being back in the water. ALWAYS COME OUT FEELING LIKE YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE
• Do not forget to scan out when you have finished your swim and come back soon.
TOW FLOATS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL SWIMMERS THIS SEASON
** Tow floats are available for sale from the lake, please message us to reserve one.
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT SWIMMERS ON SITE WHO HAVE NOT PRE-BOOKED THEIR SWIM SLOT.
• REGISTER for / renew your wristband on NOWCA.org if needed (If registering for the first time please select Swim Heron as your home lake.)
• Download the ACTiO App and ensure you can sign in
• BOOK your swim slot on the ACTIO App
• BRING your wristband or pick it up
• BRING your bright swim cap
• BRING your tow float
• BE on time
• SCAN IN for your swim
• SCAN OUT at the end of your swim
• ENJOY – BE CONSIDERATE – BE SAFE