Thank you for embracing our procedures and staying safe with us.
– If at the end, you have any questions, please have another look through to check that the answer is not on here before sending us a message or email.
We are continuing with the online swim booking and payment system now with half hourly time specific slots.
Slot times are 1.5 hours duration.
- Online bookings for May will open approx. three weeks before the start of the season.
- Time Slots will be every 30 minutes
- Max time in the water will be 85 minutes (or until closing time if there is less than 85 minutes remaining).
- The 5 minutes give you time to scan in and enter the water before the next “wave” of swimmers arrive.
- Please acclimatise to the water temperature before starting your swim loop.
- Please do not enter the water until the person in front has moved away from the jetty
- If you have booked a specific time slot please arrive on time or let us know if you will be more than 15 minutes late
- There will be NO REFUNDS if you are unable to come to the session.
- Arrive with time to get changed or ready to swim
- The toilets are accessed from the rear of the club house. Please wash hands with soap/sanitiser thoroughly before/after. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SHOWER IN THE SINGLE ACCESSIBLE TOILET AREA.
- There will be a one-way scan in and out procedure and separate entry and exit routes to and from the water. Please familiarise yourself with the layout.
– Scanning in and out is compulsory and contactless.
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ATTEND IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID-19 , DO LET US KNOW (so we can cancel your swim for you) . PLEASE TALK TO YOUR GP BEFORE RESUMING PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
GETTING READY FOR YOUR VISIT
You will need to register with NOWCA
– Once you are registered for a NOWCA wristband, you can start booking swims even if you do not have a band yet!
- You will need to download the ACTiO app to book your swim slot. Please ensure you can log into your ACTiO app so that you are ready to book ahead of the slots being released.
- Swim slots will appear on the App under Swim Heron activities. It is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the App before bookings go live.
- We are sorry, but the technology doesn’t allow you to book swims for more than one person at a time – if you are planning on swimming with some of your family, try and access the booking system at the same time. – If you experience any problems with your NOWCA account, please contact NOWCA directly (email@example.com).
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE LAKE
The entrance to site is the same as previously. Park considerately. If there is a marshal, please follow instructions. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE DISABLED BAYS UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTED.
- Walk to the Entrance area to scan in / collect your new wristband and look at the safety information on the board (especially if you are new to our lake / open water).
- Put a bright swim hat on and wear your tow float! These are compulsory so the safety team can always spot you and you can use your tow float to rest in the water should you need to. You will not be allowed into the water without swim hat and tow floats.
- Enter the water from the designated point from the jetty at your own pace but also keep going as other swimmers will wait for you to move on before they enter.
When you have rounded the last buoy if you wish to continue (and you have enough time) swim to buoy one (as previously). If you wish to leave the lake swim between the red buoys immediately to your right and head for the steps to the right of the ramp.
- Exit the water at the end of your swim from the steps to the right of the ramp (Opposite ramp to entry).
Enjoy your swim and be considerate of other swimmers.
- If you are fast and skilled, use your skills and judgement to pass others wide and please reduce your kick, give others space, do not cut people off. The lake is large and there is space for everyone to stay socially distanced and enjoy swimming at their own pace.
- Do not stop or gather by the buoys and if you need to stop, please avoid becoming an obstacle.
- If at any time you are in trouble, feel anxious or panic, put yourself on your back to float or take a rest holding your tow float and wave your arms or call to attract the attention of the safety team in kayaks/paddleboards or watching from the pontoon.
– Someone will come over to check but will stay at a safe distance.
They are there to keep you safe and we want them to be safe too. They will only approach closer if there is an emergency and risk to life.
- To respect the safety of our team, we ask you to swim within your limits. Remember that you may not have swum indoors or outdoors for a while. Take it easy and enjoy being back in the water. ALWAYS COME OUT FEELING LIKE YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE
- Do not forget to scan out when you have finished your swim and come back soon.
TOW FLOATS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL SWIMMERS THIS SEASON
** Tow floats are available for sale from the lake, please message us to reserve one.
- REGISTER for / renew your wristband on NOWCA.org if needed (If registering for the first time please select Swim Heron as your home lake.)
- Download the ACTiO App and ensure you can sign in
- BOOK your swim slot on the ACTIO App
- BRING your wristband or pick it up
- BRING your bright swim cap
- BRING your tow float
- BE on time
- SCAN IN for your swim
- SCAN OUT at the end of your swim
- ENJOY – BE CONSIDERATE – BE SAFE